- Create USGA championship-quality hole location sheets using DEACON.
- Start by Creating A Championship.
Before setting up your event, make sure the green shapes and sizes are correct. If they are a little off you can use the map editing tools to adjust the map. Click here to learn how.
If there are more significant issues--the course has been renovated recently and the map has not been updates, or in some cases, the course may be wrong--email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to correct the issue. It may take us several days, so the sooner you can alert us of any issues, the better.
We recommend that you review the map and create your championship well in advance of your event.
Once the course is ready, create a "Championship," even for everyday play.
Navigate to the Championships in the menu bar and click "Create New Championship."
Creating A Championship in DEACON
1) Use the drop-down menu on the upper left of your dashboard or the CHAMPIONSHIP tab on the MAP page to start a new championship:
1) Name the championship, set the start/end dates and upload a championship logo (optional):
2) Choose from the six available championship types:
- Tip: The amount and format of the championship rounds will depend on type of championship selected. To print sheets for a single day, only specific rounds or to customize the number of rounds, select OTHER.
3) Select the number of holes to be included on the Hole Location Sheet and add any notes:
1) Assign dates to each round and add/delete any unwanted rounds:
1) Select the courses at your facility that will be used in the championship:
Note: If you are using a composite routing from more than one course you must select all courses with holes that will be used in the championship.
1) Assign a hole number from any selected course to the sequence of holes that will be played as the championship.
- In this example (below) the 18-hole East Course will be played in its normal sequence. However, you can place holes in any order you wish or add holes from other courses at the facility:
2) Once the hole sequence is complete click create.
3) Once a championship has been created, the chosen hole sequence will be overlaid on your course in MAPS:
Video: Creating and Customizing the Championship